The German Development Institute / Deutsches Institut für Entwicklungspolitik (DIE) is one of the leading research institutes on development policy. Through excellent research, policy advice and training, the Institute contributes to finding solutions to global challenges.
Department I “Bi- and Multilateral Development Cooperation” is seeking a Researcher (m/f, 100 %)
Salary from € 46.000,00 p.a. up to € 70.000,00 p.a. depending on qualifications (German public sector tariff, EG TVöD 13/14)
Position Nr. 2017-I-04
The position should be filled as soon as possible and is currently limited until 30 June 2018. Subject to final approval of funds, an extension until 28 February 2019 is possible.
The person selected will be expected to conduct research on European policies for global development at the interface of development policy and other relevant EU pol-icies (preferably migration or peace and security) within the framework of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. He / she will be a member of the research team in the project “Europe’s role in the World: From aid to global development”. The project analyses policy responses and implementation gaps of EU development policy towards low and middle income countries and also investigates how the coordination and coherence between development policy and other fields of external relations can be improved.
- Qualifications and requirements:
Excellent academic record, master in political science, economics or related so-cial sciences required, preferably also PhD;
- Proven knowledge and experience in both research and policy advice on EU ex-ternal relations towards developing countries, preferably with a focus on the de-velopment-migration nexus, the EU’s external migration policy and the EU’s contribution to implement the 2030 Agenda;
- Research or other relevant work experience gained in developing countries;
- Fluent spoken and written English, good knowledge of German is an asset, good knowledge in another major international language;
- Willingness to work in a team;
- Willingness and aptness to travel abroad, including countries with a tropical cli-mate („Tropentauglichkeit“).
The German Development Institute / Deutsches Institut für Entwicklungspolitik (DIE) offers an inspiring, family-friendly working environment at the interface of research and policy advice, with ample opportunities to engage in international discussions, political processes and scientific debates.
As the DIE is committed to increasing the share of female research staff members, women are particularly encouraged to apply. In the case of equal qualification, phys-ically challenged persons will be given preference.
For further questions, please contact Dr. Stephan Klingebiel or Dr. Christine Hackenesch.
Job interviews are likely to take place on 15 September 2017. When applying, please note the position number 2017-I-04. Applications, also possible by E-Mail, including all necessary documents (motivation letter, CV, relevant certificates), should be sub-mitted by 29 August 2017 at:
Deutsches Institut für Entwicklungspolitik (DIE)
Tulpenfeld 6, 53113 Bonn/Germany
Tel.: +49 (0)228 94927-0 | DIE@die-gdi.de
www.die-gdi.de | www.facebook.com/DIE.Bonn